PATC training course "GPU programming" @ JSC
- 15.Apr.2013 09:00
- 17.Apr.2013 16:30
- JSC, Jülich
Many-core programming is a very dynamic research area. Many scientific applications have been ported to GPU architectures during the past four years. We will give an introduction to CUDA, OpenCL, and multi-GPU programming using examples of increasing complexity. After introducing the basics the focus will be on optimization and tuning of scientific applications.
Topics covered will include:
- CUDA programming model and language extension
- Partitioning and granularity of parallel applications
- Debugging and profiling of CUDA kernels
- Impact of memory access patterns on performance
- Multi-GPU programming using MPI
- OpenCL programming model and API
Prerequisites: Knowledge in C
This course is a PATC course (PRACE Advanced Training Centres).