PATC training course "12th VI-HPS Tuning Workshop" @ JSC
- 07.Oct.2013 12:30
- 11.Oct.2013 16:30
- JSC, Jülich
This workshop - organized by VI-HPS for the German PRACE Advanced Training Centre (PATC) hosted by Jülich Supercomputing Centre - will:
- give an overview of the VI-HPS programming tools suite
- explain the functionality of individual tools, and how to use them effectively
- offer hands-on experience and expert assistance using the tools with participants' own application codes
Presentations and hands-on sessions are planned on the following topics:
- Setting up, welcome and introduction
- Parallel file I/O bottlenecks and solutions
- Score-P instrumentation, measurement and analysis infrastructure
- Scalasca performance analysis toolset
- Vampir trace analysis toolset
- TAU performance system
- Paraver trace analysis toolset
- Periscope automated analysis tool
- MUST correctness checking of MPI (plus others to be confirmed)
Learning outcomes: Participants will become familiar with portable state-of-the-art parallel performance analysis and correctness checking tools.
Pre-requisites: Participants are strongly encouraged to bring their own MPI and OpenMP parallel applications to work with during the tuning workshop. They should be familiar with the procedures for compiling and running their applications on BlueGene (or similar HPC) systems. Places are limited and acceptance will be based on the participant information provided when registering.
The workshop will be held in English and run from 09:00 to not later than 18:00 each day, with breaks for lunch and refreshments. There is no fee for participation, however, participants are responsible for their own travel and accommodation.