PATC training course "Advanced Topics in High Performance Computing" @ LRZ
- 18.Mar.2013 09:00
- 21.Mar.2013 18:00
- LRZ Garching
Each day is comprised of approximately 5 hours of lectures and 2 hours of hands-on sessions.
- Intel Tracing Tools: MPI tracing and correctness checking
- Intel Threading tools for OpenMP correctness checking and profiling
- Profiling on SGI Altix systems: histx and lipfpm
- Introduction to Scalasca
- Parallel application performance analysis with Scalasca
- Parallel input/output with MPI-IO
- I/O tuning on high performance file systems
- Portability of binary files, big/little endian issues
- Using I/O libraries (pNetCDF, HDF5)
- Introduction to the PGAS languages Coarray Fortran and UPC: Partitioned global address space languages have emerged as an alternative to other parallel programming models, promising a shorter development cycle due to improved programmability while keeping the performance level on par with MPI. This course introduces the parallel facilities integrated into the Fortran language (coarrays) and the C language (unified parallel C), respectively. A hands-on session allows to experiment with the new concepts, using prototype implementations on LRZ's HPC systems.