PATC training course "Advanced Topics in High Performance Computing" @ LRZ
- 31.Mar.2014 09:00
- 03.Apr.2014 18:00
- LRZ Garching
In this add-on course to the parallel programming course special topics are treated in more depth, in particular performance analysis, I/O and PGAS concepts. It is provided in collaboration of Erlangen Regional Computing Centre (RRZE) and LRZ within KONWIHR.
Each day is comprised of approximately 5 hours of lectures and 2 hours of hands-on sessions.
- Intel tools: MPI tracing and Checking (Weinberg)
- Intel tools: OpenMP performance and correctness (Weinberg)
- Parallel I/O with MPI IO (Wittmann)
- Performance analysis with Scalasca (Navarrete)
- Tuning I/O on LRZ's HPC systems (Hammer)
- Portability of I/O: Binary files NetCDF HDF5 (Hammer)
- PGAS programming with coarray Fortran and Unified Parallel C (Bader)
- PGAS hands on session
Prerequisites: Good MPI and OpenMP knowledge as presented in the course "Parallel programming of High Performance Systems".