Training course "Introduction to OpenFOAM" @ LRZ
- 12.May.2014 09:00
- 14.May.2014 17:00
- LRZ Garching
This three-day introductory course into OpenFOAM® is intended for new users who want to learn the basic concepts of its usage and want to know how to modify existing applications or add new functionalities.
Among others the course covers the topics:
- Introduction to working with Linux
- OpenFOAM® file structure and case setup
- Setting up and running simulations
- Evaluating and visualizing results with ParaView
- Selection of numerical methods
- Creating and converting meshes
- Computing in parallel and acceleration on GPUs
- Implementation of new methods
- Advanced topics in OpenFOAM®
The course is held from 9:00 to 17:00 each day and will be comprised of approximately 4 hours of lectures and 3 hours of hands-on sessions, the language is English.