Primary goal of the Gauss Centre for Supercomputing e. V. is the fostering of scientific high-performance computing (HPC) and the sustained development of computer-aided scientific research in Germany and Europe by providing the highest level of HPC expertise and services as well as state-of-the art HPC resources.
To ensure a leading role in the European HPC-Community, the GCS pursues the following goals:
- Provision of state-of-the-art supercomputing resources featuring complementary system architectures to ensure the ongoing enhancement of computer-aided science in Germany.
- Open access for all scientists and researchers to the GCS system environment through a peer-review process evaluating the research's technical and scientific excellence.
- Optimal application and user support for scientists and reseachers of various disciplines based on the specific needs of the individual user.
- High-level education and training of supercomputer users to ensure the most efficient use of the GCS HPC resources.
- Continue to attract and retain highly qualified scientists and engineers by offering state-of-the-art HPC system infrastructures, services and support.
- Supporting Germany’s leading position in the realms of scientific and industrial research in fields like automotive, medicine, climate and environment, foundational research, and astronomy, amongst others.