Guidelines for project applications for SuperMUC
Please keep to this form and content of a project application if you apply for computing time on the GCS Petaflop Supercomputer SuperMUC in Garching
Applications should be submitted in English.
Please structure the project application in the following way
- Outline of the scientific problem and your approach towards its solution (with references)
- Description of previous work in this field, exploratory studies including the experience and results obtained (with references)
- Statement of the scientific goals of the research project
- Description of the physical and mathematical methods employed in the project, including numerical algorithms
- Detailed schedule of the project
Please follow the template for a project description with respect to form, content and size.
The project description has to be uploaded to the electronic questionnaire as PDF file. Please do not include any supporting material in the project description. If you wish to add supplemental material to the project description, please collect that in a separate PDF file.
In case this is a continuation of a previous project a status report is necessary. It should be uploaded as a separate PDF file in the online application form and should contain the following information:
- The concrete results which were obtained in the last computing period
- Statements about the use of the computer in your project with respect to performance, scaling behaviour, main storage requirements and disk storage requirements
- The publications which were published in peer reviewed journals in this time (no conference contributions or posters).
- Ph.D. theses which were completed within the project (please give name of the author and the title of the thesis).
- Attractive colour pictures which were created in your project to present your results, which can be interesting for a general public. We would ask your permission to use these pictures in publications about LRZ or GCS.
Please follow the template for the status Report with respect to form, content and size.
Please consult the following link in order to obtain information about the final report with respect to form, content, size and upload: