Instructions for Authors
Authors composing project reports for publication on the GCS website are kindly asked to consider the following:
- Target group of readership: readers with no scientific background
- Important components to be communicated in the report:
- Name/affiliation of principal investigator
- Name(s)/affiliation(s) of project team members
- Project name + Project ID
- What was the challenge?
- Why was supercomputing power required?
- Which HPC system served as computing platform?
- What are the findings/knowledge gained?
- Who did/will benefit from the insights gained? In what way?
- Narrative perspective: neutral/3rd party
- Language: English
- Number of characters (including blanks): approx. 3,500 – 4,000 (minimum)
- Abstract/summary of project ("teaser text") of 750 characters maximum (incl. blanks) for placement on general project overview page (lead up [link] to full project report)
- Please provide reference/s to external publication/s (scientific dissemination) of project report/s, incl. URLs
- Prefered format: MS-Word, OpenOffice, LibreOffice (alternatively: .txt [in this case: pls. provide a copy of the project report in .pdf-format for cross-checking])
- If formula/s (set in LaTeX) are text elements: please additionally submit a jpg/png file of the formula/s (min. resolution: 72dpi) in addition to a .pdf version of the report
- Please provide a minimum of -1- image/graphic (incl. caption) to go with the report
- images to be sent as separate jpg/png/pdf files
- minimum resolution required 72dpi (higher resolution preferred!)
- minimum size of image: longest side of image = 1500px
- If video/s are available (mp4, AVI): we would be happy to publish them with the report – alternatively: Please provide link to YouTube and/or other publication channel.
For questions, please contact Ms. Regina Weigand (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you very much for supporting the PR efforts of the Gauss Centre for Supercomputing.
This document as a pdf file.